New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission Verification Requirements
In order to obtain licenses and permits at MVC, you are required to pass the 6 Point ID Verification.
This procedure was designed to help prevent identity theft by ensuring that all licenses are distributed accurately with proper legal documents and verification.
You must prove that your presence in the country is authorized under federal law.
Your application will only be accepted when the proper documents are presented. Any false or invalid documents will also be refused.
If your name does not match that on your birth certificate, you must provide alternative documentation for the name change (i.e. marriage certificate).
This requires you to prepare information prior to visiting an Motor Vehicle Agency, possibly resulting in special document requests from other state agencies.
Before you head to the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Office, make sure you have the following required documents to get your motorcycle license. Examples include:
- Certified or original Birth certificate issued in any state
- Drivers license or instruction permit issued in another state
- U.S. passport
- U.S.military ID card (active duty, retired, reserve)
- New Jersey ID card
- Social Security Number, if issued,
- Documents from a court of record
- Marriage certificate
- Parental Consent Form if under 18